- 1 head broccoli
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/8 cup almond slices, crushed
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Melt half butter in small saucepan over low heat
- Crush the almond slices in your hand and add to the butter
- Stir frequently and cook over low heat until the mixture starts to turn brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and stir a few times. Quickly add the remaining butter and stir.
- Remove from heat and reserve.
- Steam or boil the broccoli as desired. Drain.
- Heat up the butter/almond sauce at the last minute and add the broccoli to this mixture.
- Squeeze on the fresh lemon juice. Stir and serve.
What I do is pretty simple... I use my smallest pot. I put in about 1 ... tbs of butter... just enough so that when it is melted it covers the bottom of the pan. Then I crumble the almonds in. I swirl them around on medium low heat until they start to brown. (they can burn really fast so you have to watch them.) I usually then put the almonds on top of the broccoli and squeeze a half of a lemon all over it and mix it all together. I like it really lemon-y so you can use less if you don't.