This recipe is derived from one I got from my mother. I tend to make quadruple the amounts here, then freeze most of it in tupperware. I keep two tupperwares in the fridge at a time, grabbing a new one from the freezer as we consume it.
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 29 oz Western Family Tomato Sauce
- 6oz Western Family Tomato Paste
- 1 bag Boca Ground Burger
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- a pinch of thyme
- Put olive oil in a large pot.
- Put crushed garlic in the pot.
- Stir for 1 minute on medium heat, or less if begins to brown.
- Add the tomato sauce.
- Add the Boca Ground Burger.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Stir for awhile until it melts down.
- Add the basil, oregano, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring periodically.
The choice in tomato sauce and tomato paste drastically affect the taste of the sauce produced by this recipe. Another good brand is Contadina, although it's hard to find in my area.